The Legal Aid Foundation of Tallahassee is thrilled to announce Thunderdome Tallahassee Class 4, made up of a diverse and accomplished group of leaders in the local legal community. Thunderdome Tallahassee is an innovative, hands-on leadership and pro bono family law training program which equips both fresh and seasoned attorneys with the tools necessary to effectively handle pro bono family law cases. THANK YOU to new Guardian Sponsor of Thunderdome Class 4, Ausley McMullen!
Here are some photos of the Sept. Class 4 orientation.
Class 4 is represented by attorneys hailing from private practice and government, academia and the bar, and bringing a wide array of legal experience. The class boasts many accomplished members of the local legal community:
- Mikalla Davis, The Florida Bar
- Flor Diaz, Office of the Public Defender
- Kris Dunn, Dunn & Miller, P.A.
- Gayla Grant, Florida Department of Corrections
- Ginette Harrell, Office of the Attorney General
- Jonathan Hayes, Ausley McMullen
- Natalie Kato, Lewis, Longman & Walker
- Kristen Larson, Florida Department of Financial Services
- Jennifer LaVia, Florida State University College of Law
- Jennifer Morrissey, Office of the Public Defender
- Sarah Niewold, Thurman Law Firm
- Lee Page, Carr Allison
- Kellie Scott, K.D. Scott Law
- Linda Shelley, Buchanan, Ingersoll & Rooney PC
- Natalia Thomas, Florida Department of Health
- Amy Toman, Executive Director of the Florida Elections Commission
Thank you to Program Assistant Kandace Hillebrandt.
The mentors for Class 4 include Rachel Borntreger, Carolyn Cummings, Dina Foster, Christin Gonzalez, Christi Gray, Hunter Hendrix, Tom Powell, Trudy Innes Richardson, Tom Schulte, Jennifer Sweeting and John O. Williams. The trainers for Class 4 include Kristin Adamson, Linda Bailey, Judge Dawn Caloca-Johnson, Thomas Duggar, Judge Charles Francis, Judge Robert E. Long, Magistrate Ace Pedroso, Chief Judge Jonathan Sjostrom, Ruth Stone,Magistrate Amanda Wall and JoLen Wolf.
The Legal Aid Foundation of Tallahassee is deeply grateful for the service and dedication of the Class 4 Participants, mentors and trainers who make this incredible program possible!
First launched in September 2014, Thunderdome Tallahassee addresses a desperate need for equal access to justice for low-income families and children by attracting, harnessing, and developing the talent of volunteer lawyers as they serve those needing family law assistance.