Volunteers are the lifeblood of the Legal Aid Foundation, donating their time, energy, knowledge, and resources. The Foundation continuously seeks new ways to:
- Match volunteers to their desire to make an impact
- Offer volunteers the resources they need to be successful
- Thank our volunteers publicly and privately
- Recognize the organizations who support volunteerism to Legal Aid
- Offer a variety of volunteer opportunities based on time available, interests and expertise
How would you like to be involved? Let us know through our volunteer interest survey.
- Social Media Ambassador: Like, share, join, retweet… anytime, anywhere!
- Community Ambassador: Invite Legal Aid to speak to your professional/civic organization, school, church, or other group. You may be the key to new volunteers and supporters.
- Event Planning and Participation: Help LAF take our work beyond the office. Short term, high impact.
- Pro Bono Lawyer: Make an impact far beyond the case alone. Time commitment varies.
- Pro Bono Legal Consult: Call a client seeking pro bono representation to learn more about the case. You may be able to help in just 30 minutes.
- Lawyer Mentor: Offer your civil expertise to young/new volunteer lawyers by phone or email.
- Legal Case Triage: Attend a case triage meeting to review pro bono requests.
- Volunteer Training: Teach or sponsor a CLE or GAL training for lawyer volunteers.