The Legal Aid Foundation seeks the best and brightest young attorneys for our inaugural Thunderdome Tallahassee Class 2 … lawyers with a drive for social change and community leadership. Participants receive the added benefits of:
- CLEs in family law
- Mentoring from some of the best family lawyers in Leon County
- A lifelong network of friends, community connections, and referral sources
- Small group interactions with judges, lawyers, and legal professionals
- Development of client handling and trial skills
- Personal leadership growth
- Widespread public recognition
What’s the commitment?
Thunderdome Tallahassee Class 2 runs September 2015-April 2016. Participants commit to mandatory attendance at:
- Class orientation on Tuesday, September 1, 1:00-5:00 pm at Golden Eagle Country Club
- One-day family law institute on Friday, September 11, 9:00 am-5:00 pm at FSU Law School
- One Monday night/month at FSU Law School, 5:30-7:30 pm (dinner provided) for CLE credit, case mentoring/discussion, and leadership development
Applications are due by 5:00 pm Tuesday, June 30, 2015, and class selection will be announced Monday, July 20, 2015.Thunderdome Tallahassee is offered by the Legal Aid Foundation, and developed by committee and curriculum partners representing Florida’s Second Judicial Circuit Family Law Judges, FSU Law’s Public Interest Law Center, Leadership Tallahassee, Tallahassee Bar Association & Young Lawyers’ Section, Tallahassee Barristers, Tallahassee Women Lawyers, Virgil Hawkins Bar Association, and Thunderdome programs in Chicago and Connecticut cited as best practices by the ABA.