The Thunderdome Launch Committee seeks the best and brightest young attorneys for our inaugural Thunderdome Tallahassee Class 1 … lawyers with a drive for social change and community leadership. Participants receive the added benefits of:
- A lifelong network of friends, community connections, and referral sources
- Small group interactions with judges, lawyers, and legal professionals
- Development of client handling and trial skills
- Personal leadership growth
- Widespread public recognition
What’s the commitment?
Thunderdome Tallahassee Class 1 runs September 2014-May 2015. Participants commit to mandatory attendance at:
- Class orientation on Tuesday, September 2, 2:00-5:00 pm at Capital City Country Club
- One Monday night/month at the FSU Law School Advocacy Center, 5:00-7:00 pm (dinner provided) for CLE credit, case mentoring/discussion, and leadership development
To apply as a participant, download and submit your Class 1 Participant Application by Tuesday, July 15, 5 p.m. ET.
Nominations Invited from Firms and Bar Associations
Thunderdome Tallahassee prepares a diverse group of young lawyers for trial, community service, and involvement at a leadership level. Your organization will be recognized along with your sponsored participant, as they:
- Commit to taking one carefully screened pro bono family law case at a time over 9 months of CLEs, training, and mentorship
- Become known as community leaders
- Are recognized widely for their service among the legal community and in the public eye
To recommend an associate or bar association member, email Anne Munson, Executive Director of the Legal Aid Foundation. A formal application process will follow.Thunderdome Tallahassee is offered by the Legal Aid Foundation, and developed by committee and curriculum partners representing Florida’s Second Judicial Circuit Family Law Judges, FSU Law’s Public Interest Law Center, Leadership Tallahassee, Tallahassee Bar Association & Young Lawyers’ Section, Tallahassee Women Lawyers, Virgil Hawkins Bar Association, and Thunderdome programs in Chicago and Connecticut cited as best practices by the ABA.